Silver is the interim DofE level and should start to pose more challenges for the participant.
Silver Level expeditions must be 3 days and 2 nights in length, with at least 7 hours of planned activity each day (3.5 of which must be spent journeying).
According to the DofE the recommended environment should be:
- Land Based Normal rural, open countryside or forest which is unfamiliar to the participant. The environment should be more demanding for the participant than at Bronze level. Where possible the expedition should be all in, or at least include, areas of open countryside or forest.
- Canoeing and Rowing Canals, rivers or other waterways and lakes in rural areas.
- Sailing Inland waters, estuaries or sheltered coastal waters.
Our Silver Expedition Programme includes:
- 1 day of pre-expedition training
- 3 day/2 night practice expedition, including a day for acclimatisation and skills training
- 3 day/2 night qualifying expedition and assessment, including a day for acclimatisation and skills training
Please contact us for more information, booking and prices.